Looking for more sales? I love to challenge my retainer clients to reach out to 100 people per quarter if/when they’re in need of additional revenue, and let’s do the same for you.
I challenge you to also reach out to 100 potential clients too – now don’t panic, I have a plan for you lol
Does 100 sound crazy? Maybe – but I want you not just to make money but to get more comfortable being uncomfortable, to learn to be your own biggest advocate, and to master YOUR sales technique. Learning sales is a bell you can’t unring and you will never worry about money again if you understand this skill.
“But where do I find these people?” Buckle up because if you can’t find 100 people from the following, I don’t know how to help you lol:
- Look up tradeshows for your industry and see who were vendors/attendees
- Check out websites that showcase their clients as examples (think branding agencies, social media management, packaging companies, photographers, graphic designers, etc. I signed 3 product brands just from seeing them on one packaging website and reaching out)
- Investigate which new founders have gotten investment money. You can do this on crunchbase, on angel investment/seed funding companies or venture capitalist website. If they got funding, they need solutions and they have millions to make it happen. They have the budget for you.
- Google search “Best new business in” and do this for 20-50 cities.
- On the note of searches, search #newfounder or #newbusiness on Instagram, Tiktok, or Pinterest
- Read comments of massive people in your space. Let’s say you’re a social media manager, and theres an SMM agency that’s massive and probably not taking new clients. Comb through their comments for brands who are showing interest in the service.
- Ask past clients if they have 3 people that they think would be a decent fit.
- Search for keywords in Facebook groups that relate to the service you offer. For example, what question might someone have if they were doing their own OBM style work in their business? Maybe “how to set up your own Kajabi?”
- Look up panels that are happening in your industry and see who is commenting that they’re excited to attend.
- Check out LinkedIn and send messages to past connections to see if there’s any way you can catch up and share what you’re up to.
- Look up your own followers and go through them to see who may be an interested party.
- Do collaborations, get on podcasts, join group programs to reach new audiences and give a promotional offer.
- Google your local Chamber of Commerce and dive into the businesses listed for opportunities.
Now you might’ve noticed not all of these are digital spaces, and that’s perfectly fine. Cause guess what, there’s an entire world out there that is waiting for your services that >>gasp<< don’t use Instagram for business. You want to stand out in your space? Step literally out of your space and go find people in the real world. Each of my retainer clients are challenged to do the same, and guess what: they typically honor your pricing, come prepared, and pay on time. So you’re welcome in advance, let me know how it goes!